Saturday, August 1, 2015

PARADISE COCKTAIL


Gorgeous, no?  Please note that the recipe is really just a list of ingredients without instructions, but I was sure it was just a matter of slow pouring to get the beautiful layered effect.  Of course I wanted to make it my own, so I substituted pomegranate liqueur (I found a tiny trial-sized bottle for this purpose) for the grenadine and orange juice for
the pineapple juice because that’s what I had on hand.  This was A LOT of flavors in one drink, which is not typically my style, but I was sure it would taste OK if not better. Folks, my version was all kinds of wrong.  The layering didn’t work at all (apparently you have to actually plan the layers based on the density of each ingredient), so it was sort of a bluish-brown mess.  I gave it a taste to make sure it was worth trying again, and it tasted TERRIBLE!  I choked down the one sip and promptly poured the rest down the drain.  Granted, I’m not a big fan of super fruity drinks, but that one was really a disaster.

Recipe adapted from  : wearychef


No comments:

Post a Comment